I Am True Legislator Says Hon John Arinze (JP) - Akelicious | Latest News Headlines| Politics, Entertainment, Sport

Just In

Thursday

I Am True Legislator Says Hon John Arinze (JP)

  Awka North Constituency in Awka North Local Government Area of Anambra State,South- Central Nigeria is made of towns like Awba Ofemili,Ugbene,Ebenebe,Achalla(the Capital),Urum,Amansea, Amanasa,Amanuke,Isu Aniocha,Mgbakwu and Ugbenu. The current population as of 2006 is 112,608. It has two constituencies (1and2) with five(5) communities and seven(7) different wards. An oral interview was granted by one of the aspirants of Anambra State House of Assembly, Awka North Constituency, Honorable John Arinze (JP).
Here is the edited interview:

 *WHY DO YOU WANT TO REPRESENT YOUR CONSTITUENCY IN HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY?*

     Firstly, Urum is the only community that has not had any transition chairman, any elective member of the State House of Assembly or other appointment that C concerns Awka North. So for the sake of equity many people in Awka North believes this is a chance for Urum community. Secondly,I have worked as a councilor between 1999-2002,during that time we had a pure legislature and I was the minority leader of the house,that then gives me the knowledge of what legislature is all about. Recently I worked with the judiciary as a member 2 of the customary court,that gives me equally the knowledge of the interpretation of the law and I believe that these two things are the major thing that a legislator needs.

 *WHAT ARE THE POSSIBILITIES OF YOU WINNING IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY?*

 Firstly,I believe in God,He is the giver of power and the only one with authority to dictate how things will go. Like it's being said that "Man proposes, God disposes. Secondly, I have the good will of my people(Awka North),so I can bet you that I have the majority of the people's vote.

 *IF YOU BECOME THE LAWMAKER,WHAT WOULD BE YOUR AGENDA?*

       I always see people talking about empowerment everywhere while all this things are just political propaganda. Most importantly, if I am to be elected I would make sure that every three months(3) n there will be a town hall meeting with all the communities and wards in Awka North L. G. A because this will give me the opportunity to know what my people needs and also help them to know the programs of the government.
    Secondly, I'll ensure true legislation which is my primary assignment by empowering the youths, providing jobs and access to good education as a true legislator does and not just based on promises not meant to be fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment